Future events include:
November 18th, 2019: Conference with Europolis on “The European Banking Union”
January 2020: Mises Circle with Max Rangeley, editor of Cobden Centre, on “Economies and Emerging Technologies” (date to be confirmed)
March 4th, 2020: Lecture at University of Antwerp with LVSV-Antwerp
March 24th, 2020: Conference on “Defence and Private Security for the Borders of the EU” with Hilde Vautmans MEP.
May 4th, 2020: Free Market Road Show, in cooperation with Hayek Institute Vienna, European Liberal Forum, Brussels.
Past events include:
- October 14th, 2019: Reception and Inauguration Alumni programme LVMI Europe in Holland House (new address, Rue d’Arlon 20, 1050, Brussels)
- June 5th, 2019 – General Assembly (members only)
- April 10th, 2019 – “Cross-Border Enterprises” Conference, in cooperation with BVMW, European Entrepreneurs CEA-PME, Réseau Entreprendre International and Netwerk Ondernemen (Flanders).
- November 22nd, 2018 – Conference and Book Launch in the European Parliament: “Banking and Monetary Policy from the Perspective of Austrian Economics”.
- September 26th, 2018 – Lunch debate with Herman de Croo, Member of Parliament, Minister of State, Former Speaker at the House of Representatives – Presentation of his memoirs: “Rooted in Life”.
- June 26th, 2018 – Mises circle with Dr. Robert Cutler and Alexander von Lingen.
- June, 8th, 2018 – General Assembly LVMI-Europe.
- May 16th, 2018 – “Free Market Road Show; Which are the values Europe needs?”.
- April 22nd, 2018 – “LVMI goes to Wuppertal, Germany!”
- March 22nd, 2018 – Co-organisation of Brussels Summit ” A Future for Europe”, Steigenberger Wiltcher’s Hotel, Brussels.
- December 5, 2017- Dinner Debate. ”Der Einfluss der anstehenden EU-Reformen auf den Mittelstand”, an event organised together with BVMW and European Entrepreneurs CEA-PME that took place in Hotel Metropole, Brussels
- November 28, 2017 – A brainstorming meeting
- July 11, 2017 – The Mises Circle with Brendan Brown, MUFG, Executive Director and Head of Economic Research, Mitsubishi UFJ Securities International plc, a member of MUFG,
- June 15-17 2017 – 30th Heilbronn Symposion in Economics and the Social Sciences. Presentation of a paper on Menger and Schmoller.
- June 2, 2017: General Assembly
- March 28, 2017 – The Free Market Road Show 2017: “THE WORLD AFTER BREXIT AND TRUMP”, which will take place in the European parliament
- November 10, 2016 – A podium discussion on “Capital Flow Management and FTT” in co-operation with the Konrad Adenauer Stiftung. Speakers:
Dr. Roland Beck, Principal Economist, International Policy Analysis Division, European Central Bank, Germany.
Dr Peter Grasmann, Head of Unit, EU/EA Financial system, European Commission.
Professor Alastair Milne, Professor of Financial Economics, School of Business and Economics, Loughborough University, United Kingdom
Moderator: Stephen Fidler, Wall Street Journal, Brussels
- September 27, 2016 – “What is Europe’s monetary future after the Draghi-Merkel coup?”
The Mises Circle with Brendan Brown, MUFG, Executive Director and Head of Economic Research, Mitsubishi UFJ Securities International plc, a member of MUFG,
- May 30, 2016 – General Assembly in Brussels
- April 21, 2016 – “The Free Market Road Show”, ‘Europe in times of change: Jobs, Entrepreneurship and the European Demos’
A conference in the framework of the Free Market Road Show,
in the European Parliament, in Brussels.
- November 18, 2015 – “For a risk-ready Europe: Bridging the gap between start ups and investors” a conference organized in co-operation with BVMW, Bundesverband mittelständische Wirtschaft with as keynote speaker Ciprian Cristea
Head of Unit “COSME” Financial Instruments, European Commission DG GROW
- July 15, 2015 – Mises Circle. Book Presentation “A Global Monetary Plague: Federal Reserve Quantitative Easing and Asset Price Inflation” by Brendan Brown, Executive Director and Head of Economic Research, Mitsubishi UFJ Securities International plc, a member of MUFG,
Venu e: c/o Luther Pendragon, Rue d’Arlon 40, Brussels
With special thanks to MUFG for sponsoring this event.
- June 26, 2015 – General Assembly. Venue: Place Jourdan 21, Brussels.
- June 16, 2015 – Mises Circle. “An analysis of energy security and geo-economics”.
Speaker Robert Cutler, Senior Research Fellow, Institute of European, Russian & Eurasian Studies, Carleton University, Quebec Canada. Venue: c/o Luther Pendragon, Rue d’Arlon 40, Brussels
- March 31, 2015 – “The role of the Entrepreneur in the 21st century”, A Conference organized by the Ludwig von Mises Institute Yes (European Confederation of Young Entrepreneurs), EPICENTER (with Institute of Economic Affairs), BVMW (Bundesverband mittelständische Wirtschaft) and European Entrepreneurs
Keynote speaker: Simone Baldassarri, European Commission, DG Internal Market, Unit Entrepreneurship and social Economy.
Venue: Club de la Fondation Universitaire, Rue d’Egmont 11, 1000 Brussels.
- November 19, 2014 – “Can the Euro Replace the Dollar as the Dominating Global Reserve Currency?” A dinner debate in co-operation with the Konrad Adenauer Stiftung, Brussels.
Speaker: Livio Stracca, Head of the International Policy Analysis Division in the Directorate General International European Central Bank.
- November 4, 2014 – “Financial stability in the making: the first steps of the Banking Union and its impact.” A dinner debate on the Banking Union with Emiliano Tornese, European Commission, DG Banking
- September 30, 2014 – “Pension Funds Versus Banks: Time and Money” A dinner debate with Heiko de Boer, treasurer of LVMI Europe and Director of AXA, Investment Managers
- May 8, 2014 – General Assembly
- April 1, 2014 – Free Market Road Show, a co-operation with the Hayek Institut Austria and New Direction, Brussels
- March 31, 2014 – Mises Circle, European Parliament. Presentation by Professor Hardy Bouillon.
- March 18, 2014 – Conference on “Bail-Out” a co-operation with the United Business Institutes, UBI
- January 22, 2014 – Conference: “Can Private Security play the same role as Public Security?” Club Universitaire, Rue d’Egmont 11, 1000 Brussels
Find a detailed list of past events since our creation in 2001 here. presentation and history of LVMI Europe
For previous events, you can visit our Facebook publications or write to firstname.lastname@example.org